Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Sun Rise “Peek-A-Boo” …


Heading out to the shed yesterday morning I caught the sun playing “Peek-a-Boo” with me through the trees. Living in the woods, our first glimpse of the sun in the early morning hours is caught between tree trunks, flashing much like a beacon. During the oncoming summer months these will be the hour of much activity here at the homestead. While the air has yet to shake off the coolness of the night, laborious tasks are best preformed prior to the suns climb above the tree tops.


Much like a Bram Stoker character I will be racing the suns ascent to complete my tasks. Work will soon progress across the property with the shorting of the shadows. And like said character I will fear that my work fulfilment will be caught in full sunlight. Yesterday brought this awareness with a temperature of 91°F (33°C).

But before urgent need of daily chore completion becomes a gauntlet challenge I will enjoy morning strolls through the woods to see what manner of plants are sprouting forth for the season. Below I happened upon a forming cluster of Galax (Galax urceolata).



No comments:

Post a Comment